Fourth of July is only days away! If you’re entertaining or heading to a party, you may be looking for a fun, delicious recipe. We’ve got your solution! I make a very good Oreo Truffle Ball (if I do say so myself!) and it’s very easy to turn it into a red, white and blue Oreo Truffle Ball.
To Make the Oreo Truffle Ball you’ll need:
- 1 package of Oreo cookies (I recommend the double stuff)
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
- 2 12 oz. bags of white melting wafers or white chocolate
- Red, White and Blue sprinkles (this makes them festive!)
Directions to make the Oreo Truffle Ball:
- Put the oreos into a food processor (I use my Vitamix blender) and pulse until fine crumbles
- Pour the oreos into a bowl to combine with the softened cream cheese. Mix well.
- Take about 1tbsp. of the dough and roll it into a small ball. Place on a cookie sheet. Continue until all of the dough has been rolled into balls.
- Place in freezer for 25minutes
- Melt the white chocolate. Dunk each ball into the chocolate, covering it completely. Transfer the ball onto a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper. Continue until all of the balls are covered in white.
- Shake the sprinkles onto the balls and then put in refrigerator until you’re ready to serve! You can modify the toppings to get as creative as you want. Basic chocolate is always a hit or orange and red for fall or red and green for Christmas. The choice is yours!