Superbowl tonight! Is your team playing? Regardless, I think we can all agree on one thing….you go for the Football but you stay for the food!
Here’s a little Game-Day recipe we love! And bonus…you make it in a crock-pot (can you guess my favorite kitchen appliance……of course, before Jack Pearson ruined it for me!)!
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat cream cheese, roughly cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (optional…I hate blue cheese and omit this)
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- (optional toppings: extra crumbled blue cheese, thinly-sliced green onions, chopped celery, and/or a drizzle of hot sauce)
- Spray the inside of the bowl of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of the slow cooker, and stir until combined. (You can also stir the ingredients together in a separate bowl, and then transfer that to the bowl of the slow cooker afterwards.)
- Cook on high for 1.5 – 2 hours, or until the cheeses are all melted. (Alternately, you can also cook this on low for 3-4 hours, or until the cheeses are all melted.) Give the dip a good final stir, then transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with extra blue cheese and green onions if desired. Serve with chips or your desired dippers.